August Mack Environmental is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Compliance Specialists work in the field, gather, and interpret environmental data, perform regulatory and technical research, write reports, collaborate to develop solutions, and communicate with subcontractors and clients. They are responsible for learning and performing various aspects of fieldwork related to the compliance service area: consult industrial clients on regulatory, environmental, and health & safety compliance; and best management practices. Work is performed with direction from experienced level technical personnel, under the general supervision of the Principal of Compliance Services.
- Understand, participate, and be fully engaged in August Mack’s safety program, training, and policies.
- Perform all field tasks necessary to complete a project’s scope of work. Activities include: perform compliance audits at industrial & commercial facilities; prepare Tier II and Form R reports; develop Spill Prevention Control & Countermeasure (SPCC) plans, storm water plans, and pollution prevention contingency (PPC) plans; prepare air permit applications, wastewater discharge permits, hazardous waste reports, health and safety programs, and risk management plans; conduct stack testing, IH sampling, and noise monitoring; and design and install various environmental systems (e.g., ventilation, storm water, industrial wastewater).
- Perform regulatory and technical research; prepare regulatory agency required compliance reports; and assist in conducting enforcement negotiations.
- Evaluate, select, schedule, and manage subcontractors.
- Prepare Health and Safety Plans (HASP); review and enforce at the project site.
- Document field activities including field techniques, locations of the work, and any relevant field observations.
- Prepare items such as construction diagrams, site plans and photo logs.
- Update August Mack resume twice a year for marketing purposes.
ACCEPTABLE EXPERIENCE AND TRAINING:
Requires a bachelor’s degree in environmental science or a related science field. Strong computer and verbal/written communication skills are a must. Other combinations of experience and education that meet the minimum requirements may be substituted. OSHA Hazwoper 40 Hour Certification and/or General Industry 10 or 30 Hour Certifications are a plus.
This classification requires the use of a company or personal vehicle on company business. Individuals must be physically capable of operating the vehicles safely, possess a valid driver’s license, have an acceptable driving record and receive a medical clearance from a baseline physical.
This classification requires travel to various project locations. Travel typically involves day trips within the state or neighboring states, resulting in longer workdays; and may include extended and/or further travel, resulting in multiple days and overnights. Long-term assignments may be required.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- The principles, practices, & techniques of environmental compliance and engineering.
- Calibrate and use various types of field equipment.
- Perform mathematical calculations and data management.
- Collect, record, and evaluate scientific data.
- Interpret EH&S regulations and prepare regulatory reports for a wide variety of industrial and commercial facilities.
- Learn job-related material primarily through verbal instruction, training, reading, researching and observation in an on-the-job setting.
- Document and organize while working on multiple projects for a number of compliance managers and senior personnel.
- Accurately measure and document dimensions and distances
- Work out doors in a variety of weather conditions.
- Climb ladders or steps where equipment is located, to reach objects on shelves, or to monitor machinery and equipment.
- Move heavy objects (50 pounds or more) short distances (20 feet or less).
- Bend or stoop repeatedly or continually to adjust equipment.
- Work safely without presenting a direct threat to self or others.
- Work closely and support others in a team environment.