Looking for an entry-level or experienced business-to-business sales professional to develop new business related to the following service area. Work with existing customers and targeted accounts to develop and strengthen relationships and increase sales revenue. The position reports directly to the Program Development Manager.
Work with industrial clients to deliver consulting services related to regulatory, environmental, and health & safety compliance. Services include compliance audits; Tier II and Form R reports; Spill Prevention Control & Countermeasure (SPCC) plans, storm water plans, and pollution prevention contingency (PPC) plans; air permit applications, wastewater discharge permits, hazardous waste reports, health and safety programs, and risk management plans; stack testing, IH sampling, and noise monitoring; and design and install various environmental systems (e.g., ventilation, storm water, industrial wastewater).
- Make sales to new clients and existing clients in accordance with Service Area Plan.
- Develop, monitor, and track sales plan to ensure sales goals are met.
- Prospect and develop new business opportunities from existing clients, warm leads, and targeted prospect lists/cold calling.
- Schedule and conduct required sales meetings with clients and prospects.
- Prepare organized meeting reports and follow-up plans.
- Work in concert with technical teams and sales in educating prospective clients on business unit services, gaining strong rapport and trust with prospects, and closing sales opportunities.
- Develop and maintain relationships with clients and prospects
- Identify key decision-makers in target pursuits.
- Follow-up on proposal opportunities submitted to clients.
- Provide follow-up on internal/external leads.
- Participate and attend assigned networking functions & trade shows.
- Conduct and attend regular meetings with department members.
- Participate in marketing campaigns as assigned.
- Follow up with assigned customers after project completion.
ACCEPTABLE EXPERIENCE AND TRAINING
Entry-level – Requires a bachelor’s degree. Environmental consulting, marketing or sales experience is a plus. Other combinations of experience and education that meet the minimum requirements may be substituted.
Experienced – Requires two years experience in sales of professional services including direct business-to-business sales, business-to-business cold calling, and phone-based business-to-business prospecting resulting in successfully meeting appointment and sales’ goals; and a bachelor’s degree. Sales experience in environmental consulting/services is a plus. Other combinations of experience and education that meet the minimum requirements may be substituted.
This classification requires 70 – 80% travel with occasional overnights.
This classification provides a car allowance for use of a personal vehicle on company business. Individuals must be physically capable of operating the vehicles safely, possess a valid driver’s license, and have an acceptable driving record.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Sales and Marketing Strategies for Service Industry Companies
- Proper business English, spelling, and grammar.
- Business to business sales and marketing.
- CRM database software.
- Superior organization skills
- Be a self-starter with a good work ethic, self-discipline, and persistence, the ability to work independently or as a team, and good time-management skills.
- Conduct presentations in a professional manner.
- Communicate with impact, demonstrate integrity and courage, focus on clients, gain commitment, initiate action, manage work/time, produce results, set high work standards, and use ethical business practices.