August Mack Environmental is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Looking for an experienced business-to-business sales professional to develop new business within the following service areas. Work with existing customers and targeted accounts to develop and strengthen relationship and increase sales revenue. Position reports directly to the Program Development Manager.
Work with financial and industrial clients and attorneys to deliver environmental consulting services related to the remediation of environmentally impaired properties. Services include site investigation, remediation, site closure through various State and Federal programs, brownfield redevelopment, cost recovery and litigation support.
Work with commercial real estate lenders, real estate developers & brokers, investors, property management companies, and attorneys to deliver environmental consulting services related to due diligence property transactions. Services include Phase I/II Environmental Site Assessments, mold, asbestos and lead paint surveys, indoor air quality studies, property condition assessments, corporate acquisition/divestiture and related closure services.
- Make sales to new clients and existing clients in accordance with Service Area Plan.
- Develop, monitor, and track sales plan to ensure sales goals are met.
- Prospect and develop new business opportunities from existing clients, warm leads, and targeted prospect lists/cold calling.
- Schedule and conduct required sales meetings with clients and prospects.
- Prepare organized meeting reports and follow-up plans.
- Work in concert with technical teams and sales in educating prospective clients on business unit services, gaining strong rapport and trust with prospects, and closing sales opportunities.
- Develop and maintain relationships with clients and prospects
- Identify key decision-makers in target pursuits.
- Follow-up on proposal opportunities submitted to clients.
- Provide follow-up on internal/external leads.
- Participate and attend assigned networking functions & trade shows.
- Conduct and attend regular meetings with department members.
- Participate in marketing campaigns as assigned.
- Follow up with assigned customers after project completion.
ACCEPTABLE EXPERIENCE AND TRAINING
Requires 5 years experience in sales of professional services including direct business-to-business sales, business-to-business cold calling, and phone-based business-to-business prospecting resulting in successfully meeting appointment and sales’ goals; and a bachelor’s degree. Sales experience in financial services, commercial real estate or environmental consulting is a plus. Other combinations of experience and education that meet the minimum requirements may be substituted.
This classification requires 70 – 80% travel with occasional overnights.
This classification provides a car allowance for use of a personal vehicle on company business. Individuals must be physically capable of operating the vehicles safely, possess a valid driver’s license, and have an acceptable driving record.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Sales and Marketing Strategies for Service Industry Companies
- Proper business English, spelling, and grammar.
- Business to business sales and marketing.
- CRM database software.
- Superior organization skills
- Be a self-starter with a good work ethic, self-discipline, and persistence, the ability to work independently or as a team and good time-management skills.
- Conduct presentations in a professional manner.
- Communicate with impact, demonstrate integrity and courage, focus on clients, gain commitment, initiate action, manage work/time, produce results, set high work standards, and use ethical business practices.