August Mack Environmental is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
A GIS Analyst is responsible for providing computer-aided drafting, design, and spatial analysis support to technical and management staff in all offices. Work is performed with direction from all levels of technical staff; under the general supervision of the Senior Analyst.
May be required to perform any of the following:
- Work directly with technical and management staff to generate two- and three-dimensional models and drawings using technical imaging software.
- Design/draft to-scale facility and property maps, and report figures including but not limited to field maps, historical aerial/topographic portfolios, and investigation maps.
- Create figures, starting with a base image such as a topographic map or aerial image, and adding site-specific features, originating from hand-drawn sketches, State/County data, or survey spatial information.
- Provide proposal support for projects, including calculating Site acreages, obtaining landowner data, and researching State/County data to aid in project planning and budgeting.
- Communicate with staff in all offices to coordinate on work requests.
- Provide accurate and timely figures; effectively manage workload and priorities.
- Create original drawings from hand sketches, and design specifications from concept to completion.
- Assist in developing conceptual site models to present in a way that is easily visualized and updated as new information is obtained.
- Provide assistance with drawing, software, and technology capability questions.
- Check drawings created by others to ensure accuracy and compliance of organizational standards.
- Apply industry specific drafting codes and standards, following functional specifications of the designs. Improve or modify current specifications, as needed.
- Provide proper maintenance and care of the company supplies and equipment.
- Participate in office meetings.
- Provide miscellaneous support to the overall efficiency of the company as needed.
ACCEPTABLE EXPERIENCE AND TRAINING:
Requires zero to two years of drafting and/or design experience using technical imaging software and a bachelors or associates degree in Drafting Technology, Information Management, Geography or a related field. Industry-specific certifications and training are a plus. The ideal candidate should be detail-oriented, exhibit strong time management skills, and be comfortable working in a deadline driven environment. Other combinations of experience and education that meet the minimum requirements may be substituted.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Proper business English, spelling, and grammar.
- Office practices, procedures, and equipment operations.
- Microsoft Office applications.
- GIS software and drafting codes and standards.
- Accessing ESRI geodatabases and importing geospatial and/or geopolitical information from publicly available sources
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong multi-tasking skills.
- Operate a personal computer.
- Learn customized computer programs.
- Work cooperatively with internal and external customers.
- Work as a team and backup others as needed.
- Learn job-related material primarily through verbal instruction and observation. This learning takes place mainly in an on-the-job training setting.
- Remain in a sitting position for extended periods of time.
- Move light objects weighing less than 20 pounds, such as supplies and files short distances.
- Work safely without presenting a direct threat to self or others.