Technical Senior Engineer
Columbus, OH / Cleveland, OH
August Mack Environmental is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Responsible for managing engineering personnel and performing and overseeing various aspects of field, engineering, project management, technical support and consulting related to engineering, data analysis, environmental media sampling, and construction support. This includes writing proposals, preparing budgets, and performing final review on project submittals. Work is performed with direction from Project/Senior Managers within the various service areas, under the general supervision of the Senior Engineering Manager.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Perform two field methodology and training audits per year
- Participate in leading the Field Training Program
- Track and monitor departmental metrics
- Prepare and manage budgets and scopes of work of high complexity
- Expand and improve the utilization of the Engineering Group
- Serve as a recognized subject matter expert in a technical specialty
- Work directly with other business units to consult on Engineering aspects of projects
- Perform final review of engineering and other technical project submittals
- Write proposals independently
- Take the lead in the research for and preparation of expert witness reports and/or serve as an expert witness
- Perform and/or supervise non-routine tasks with limited to no supervision
- Supervise the work of others
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Ability to supervise the work of others
- Ability to manage budgets and timelines of high complexity
- Demonstrate basic competency with spreadsheet-based models such as Quick Domenico and Biochlor
- Competent understanding of regulations governing the generation, transport, and disposal of regulated waste typically encountered at environmental sites
- Ability to analyze data from a wide variety of sources to make decisions.
- Very strong attention to detail
- Flexibility to apply engineering problem solving skills to a variety of disciplines
Education: B.S. in Engineering
Recommended Experience: 5-7 years of experience in environmental consulting
Certifications: Obtain a second signatory credential recognized in the State of Indiana and/or other state in which August Mack has an office, such as LPG, CHMM, Soil Scientist, or PE
Skills: Strong computer and verbal/written communication skills are a must
Additional requirements: Must have a valid driver’s license, acceptable driving record, and physically capable of operating vehicles safely
This classification requires travel to various client locations resulting in occasional longer workdays; and may include extended and/or further travel, resulting in multiple days and overnights. Long distance drives and air travel may be required.
75% or more office (controlled environment), up to 25% field/site visit/client travel (environmental job hazards)