August Mack is seeking an experienced geologist interested in helping to lead a dynamic and diverse geology group in completing a wide variety of tasks in support of environmental investigation.
A DAY IN THE LIFE
In this role you will perform and help lead other geologists in performing a wide variety of tasks to support environmental projects. You will interface with our consulting staff to understand the needs of projects, develop strategies to meet those needs, and then work with other geologists and technical staff to bring the projects to completion.
As a part of August Mack’s Geology Team, and the larger Technical Services Group, you will become proficient in interpretating geologic and other environmental data and presenting those findings in written reports. You will also spend time mentoring other geologists and scientists and reviewing their writing. All your work will be completed under the guidance of the Senior Geologist and other leaders in the Technical Services Group.
WHO WILL EXCEL IN THIS ROLE
This role will suit someone who is:
- Enjoys leading and helping others.
- Receptive to new ideas.
- An excellent written and verbal communicator.
- Enjoys a steady and consistent work pace.
As this position requires being able to work effectively with a large variety of technical staff, efficient, warm, and professional communication skills are crucial.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Work directly with other business units to consult on geologic aspects of projects.
- Perform review of geologic and other technical project documents.
- Demonstrated ability to train others in technical skills.
- Assist the Senior Geologist in tracking and monitoring departmental metrics.
- Prepare and manage budgets and scopes of work for Geology Group projects.
- Have the ability to become a subject matter expert in a technical specialty.
- Able to perform or supervise non-routine tasks with limited to no supervision.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Must be eligible to obtain a signatory credential recognized in the State of Indiana and/or other state in which August Mack has an office, such as LPG, CHMM, Soil Scientist, or PE.
- Have a strong technical background and a demonstrated ability to teach and lead others.
- Flexibility to apply problem solving skills to a variety of disciplines.
- Effective and professional communications
- Skills in organization, scheduling, and time management
- Ability to prioritize and delegate tasks.
80% or more office (controlled environment), up to 20% field/site visit/client travel (environmental job hazards)
This classification requires travel to various client locations resulting in occasional longer workdays; and may include extended and/or further travel, resulting in multiple days and overnights.
August Mack Environmental is an Equal Opportunity Employer.