Technical Project Engineer
Indianapolis, IN / Columbus, OH / Cleveland, OH
Responsible for managing engineering personnel and performing various aspects of field, engineering, project management, technical support and consulting related to engineering, data analysis, environmental media sampling, construction support and oversight. Work is performed with direction from Project/Senior Managers within the various service areas, under the general supervision of the Senior Engineering Manager.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Provide direct support to project teams with general guidance from the Senior Engineer
- Assist in the research for and preparation of expert witness reports
- Perform and/or supervise non-routine tasks with limited to no supervision
- Provide direct staff supervision responsibilities of one or more Engineering Team members
- Manage tasks of any complexity, establish completion milestones, and assign sub-tasks
- Attend external trainings annually
- Develop a technical specialty and become an internal resource in that specialty
- Perform scoping and costing for projects of moderate complexity
- Evaluate the results of remedial pilot tests or full-scale solutions with limited oversight
- Act as technical subject matter expert in litigation or other high-profile projects
- Independently prepare a variety of written reports documenting field activities, data interpretations with lines of evidence, exposure pathways, and conclusions
- Identify, coach, and mentor staff in the technical, administrative, and client relations activities required to successfully complete projects
- Serve as the direct supervisor of assigned personnel and provide regular performance reviews and use best practices to retain
- Develop and implement onboarding/training plan of new employees
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Ability to supervise the work of others
- Ability to manage budgets and timelines of high complexity
- Demonstrate basic competency with spreadsheet-based models such as Quick Domenico and Biochlor
- Competent understanding of regulations governing the generation, transport, and disposal of regulated waste typically encountered at environmental sites
- Knowledge and experience in issues related to industrial ventilation
Education: B.S. in engineering
Recommended Experience: 5-7 years of experience in environmental consulting
Certifications: Obtain a signatory credential recognized in the State of Indiana and/or other state in which August Mack has an office, such as LPG, CHMM, Soil Scientist, or PE
Skills: Strong computer and verbal/written communication skills are a must
Additional requirements: Must have a valid driver’s license, acceptable driving record, and physically capable of operating vehicles safely
This classification requires travel to various client locations. Travel typically involves day trips within the state or neighboring states, resulting in longer workdays; and may include extended and/or further travel, resulting in multiple days and overnights. Long distance drives and air travel may be required.
*Other combinations of experience and education that meet the minimum requirements may be substituted.
75% office or more (controlled environment), up to 25% field/site visit travel (environmental job hazards)
August Mack Environmental is an Equal Opportunity Employer.