Technical Compliance Manager
August Mack Environmental is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Responsible for effectively managing projects as assigned and related to regulatory, environmental, and health & safety compliance. This would include project momentum, quality of the work product, personnel management, delegation of project tasks, and budget. The Compliance Managers report to the Senior Technical Managers with support from the Technical Principal of Compliance, as requested.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Oversee and assign projects to professional-level technical and administrative support staff to achieve established objectives and deadlines
- Communicate with Senior Technical Manager and Compliance Consultant on project status, personnel/expertise needs, project opportunities, and regulatory issues
- Perform compliance work assigned by Senior Technical Managers and Compliance Consultants in conjunction with Compliance Specialists
- Manage the completion of compliance reports, updating of plans, sampling activities, etc.
- Act as a liaison between the client and federal, state, and local regulatory agencies
- Interpret existing regulations and develop strategies to ensure client compliance
- Communicate with client as requested by Compliance Consultant
- Assist Senior Technical Managers and Compliance Consultants in developing relationships with new clients and maintaining clients
- Participate on all Project Team activities
- Maintain project momentum and project budgets
- Achieve a billable goal
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Sufficient technical and regulatory knowledge to support client strategies, negotiations with regulatory agencies, and develop creative solutions
- Proficiency in conducting compliance audits, preparing Tier II and Form R reports, SPCC plans, storm water reports, air permits applications, wastewater discharge permits, and hazardous waste reports.
- Perform technical research on projects
- Ability to train and assist Compliance Specialists in the completion of compliance reports, updating of plans, sampling activities, etc.
- Ability to mentor and assist in trainings
Education: B.S. in environmental science or related field
Experience: 2 – 6 + years of experience in environmental consulting
Skills: Strong verbal/written communication
Additional requirements: Valid driver’s license, acceptable driving record, and physically capable of operating the vehicles safely
This classification requires travel to various client locations. Travel typically involves day trips within the state or neighboring states, resulting in longer workdays; and may include extended and/or further travel, resulting in multiple days and overnights. Long distance drives and air travel may be required.
*Other combinations of experience and education that meet the minimum requirements may be substituted.
50 – 75% office (controlled environment), 25 – 50% field/site visit travel (environmental job hazards)