August Mack Environmental is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Responsible for managing technical personnel. This includes quality of compliance submittals and technical project administration, ensuring proper administration of all technical aspects of projects, monitoring workload, project momentum, quality of the work product, and providing high level project technical support. The Senior Technical Manager reports to the Principal of Technical Services.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Serve as the direct supervisor of assigned personnel and provide regular performance reviews including timely feedback, positive reinforcement, and corrective action
- Oversee and assign projects to professional-level technical and administrative support staff to achieve established objectives and deadlines
- Communicate with Compliance Consultant and Principal of Technical Compliance Services on project status, personnel/expertise needs, project opportunities, and regulatory issues
- Prepare/manage the completion of compliance reports, updating of plans, sampling activities, etc.
- Provide final review on all assigned project submittals and correspondence
- Act as a liaison between the client and federal, state, and local regulatory agencies
- Interpret existing regulations and develop strategies to ensure client compliance
- Provide technical support to the Project Team
- Maintain project momentum and project budgets
- Achieve a billable goal
- Present at trade shows, bar association events, or other events
- Publish papers in technical or other journals
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Sufficient technical and regulatory knowledge to support client strategies, negotiations with regulatory agencies, and develop creative solutions
- Proficiency in conducting compliance audits, preparing Tier II and Form R reports, SPCC plans, storm water reports, air permits applications, wastewater discharge permits, and hazardous waste reports
- Perform technical research on projects
- Ability to coach and mentor team members in the technical and administrative activities required to successfully complete projects
Education: B.S. in environmental science or related field
Experience: 6 – 8+ years of experience in environmental consulting
Skills: Strong verbal/written communication
Additional requirements: Valid driver’s license, acceptable driving record, and physically capable of operating the vehicles safely
This classification requires travel to various client locations. Travel typically involves day trips within the state or neighboring states, resulting in longer workdays; and may include extended and/or further travel, resulting in multiple days and overnights. Long distance drives and air travel may be required.
*Other combinations of experience and education that meet the minimum requirements may be substituted.
75% office (controlled environment), 25% field/site visit travel (environmental job hazards)