Senior Industrial Hygiene Manager (Asbestos, IAQ, Lead, Mold)
Responsible for providing companywide senior-level management, technical expertise, and final (QA/QC) review on projects and proposals. This position also requires identifying and developing business opportunities related to the Building Sciences services, scoping projects, and developing staff. Work is performed under the direct supervision of the Building Sciences Principal.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Oversee professional-level technical and administrative support staff to achieve established objectives and deadlines
- Provide technical expertise on projects
- Support Program Development, Business Development, office staff in scoping and budgeting projects, preparing proposals, and providing technical expertise
- Manage projects and provide final review of all project submittals and correspondence
- Identify work opportunities with existing and potential clients
- Administer project financial performance, budgeting, and the need for change orders on a project
- Select subcontractors, direct issuance of purchase orders, and approve subcontractor invoices
- Direct preparation of approving project invoices, maintaining project files, and conducting project performance reviews
- Evaluate needs of a project and effectively delegate various tasks and responsibilities
- Train and mentor technical staff
- Act as a liaison between the client and federal, state, and local regulatory agencies
- Interpret existing regulations and guidance and coordinate with staff in developing strategies to ensure compliance
- Prepare project descriptions, participate in technical presentations and publishable opportunities, and update AME resume
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Knowledge of Environmental and Health & Safety regulations, regulatory compliance and guidance, mold, asbestos, and lead
- Recognize hazards inherent to environmental work and safety measures
- Understand and apply environmental regulations and guidance
- Organize and administer multiple projects with various clients
- Ability to creatively scope and bid projects
- Understand complex technical, environmental data, and regulatory requirements
- Maintain a strong working relationship with clients
Education: B.S. in environmental science, industrial hygiene, environmental health science, chemistry, or related field
Recommended Experience: 7+ years of experience in environmental consulting including 2 years of management, consulting, and business development
Certifications: Current professional licensure (Asbestos, Lead) and OSHA Hazwoper 40 Hour Certification and/or General Industry 10 or 30 Hour Certifications are a plus
Skills: Strong verbal/written communication skills
Additional requirements: Must be physically capable of operating vehicles safely, possess a valid driver’s license, have an acceptable driving record, and receive a medical clearance from a baseline physical.
This classification requires travel to various client locations. Travel typically involves day trips within the state or neighboring states, resulting in longer workdays; and may include extended and/or further travel, resulting in multiple days and overnights. Long-distance drives and air travel may be required.
*Other combinations of experience and education that meet the minimum requirements may be substituted.
60 – 75% office (controlled environment), 25 – 40% client/site travel (environmental job hazards)
August Mack Environmental is an Equal Opportunity Employer.