August Mack Environmental is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Responsible for to providing management of consulting personnel and clients. This includes quality of compliance submittals, ensuring proper administration of all projects, project momentum, quality of the work product, and monitoring Compliance Consultant workload and timely invoicing. The Senior Consultant reports to the Managing Principal.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Serve as the direct supervisor of assigned personnel and provide regular performance reviews including timely feedback, positive reinforcement, and corrective action
- Oversee and assign projects to professional-level technical and administrative support staff to achieve established objectives and deadlines
- Communicate with Managing Principal on project status, personnel/expertise needs, project opportunities, and regulatory issues
- Manage all aspects of project invoicing: set-up, review, and communications
- Provide final review on all assigned project submittals and correspondence
- Act as a liaison between the client and federal, state, and local regulatory agencies.
- Interpret existing regulations and develop strategies to ensure client compliance and retention
- Retain existing clients
- Communicate with client as required to accomplish projects
- Provide client management and technical support on assigned clients
- Prepare proposals, budgets, and scopes of work for projects
- Assist in obtaining new clients
- Maintain project momentum and project budgets
- Secure work necessary to achieve an annual net invoice goal
- Assist in achieving additional sales annually
- Present at trade shows, bar association events, or other events
- Publish papers in technical or other journals
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Sufficient technical and regulatory knowledge to support client strategies, negotiations with regulatory agencies, and develop creative solutions
- Proficiency in preparing Tier II and Form R reports, various regulatory applications, and conducting audits
- Knowledge of storm water and oil spill regulations
- Perform technical research on projects
- Ability to coach and mentor team members and a Compliance Specialist or a Compliance Manager in the technical, administrative, and client relations activities
Education: B.S. in environmental science or related field
Experience: 10 + years of experience in environmental consulting
Skills: Strong verbal/written communication, especially with client relations
Additional requirements: Valid driver’s license, acceptable driving record, and physically capable of operating the vehicles safely
This classification requires travel to various client locations. Travel typically involves day trips within the state or neighboring states, resulting in longer workdays; and may include extended and/or further travel, resulting in multiple days and overnights. Long distance drives and air travel may be required.
*Other combinations of experience and education that meet the minimum requirements may be substituted.
75% office (controlled environment), 25% field/site visit travel (environmental job hazards)