August Mack Environmental is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
This position is for a Sales Representative based in the Cleveland market who will report to the Corporate Manager. We are looking for someone who wants to thrive on meeting new people, expanding their network and most importantly securing new business.
A DAY IN THE LIFE
In this role, you will grow brand awareness for August Mack, as well as act as the linchpin connecting potential clients with the solutions to their environmental and engineering needs. You will also be key in maintaining relationships between clients and our project teams. As this is an entry-level position, learning, growth, and development are key goals and expectations for this role.
As part of August Mack’s business development group, you will become proficient in presenting the company’s capabilities and geography, identifying key pursuits, learning our Customer Service Process through interaction and direction from the Corporate Manager.
WHO WILL EXCEL IN THIS ROLE
This role will suit someone who:
- Wants to be a part of something bigger from the ground up
- Is humble in their approach, yet relentless in their efforts to achieve their goals
- Has the ability to absorb information around a vast line of services
- Is effective at creating new opportunities and understands the importance of finding new business
- Has strong levels of responsibility and is highly coachable and trainable
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Understand and become proficient in industry terminology and procedures and be able to present company capabilities to prospective clients.
- Perform various functions to identify prospects and develop customer and brand awareness.
- Become competent in the Customer Service Process, including identifying key decision makers as well as initial and follow-up meetings of warm leads.
- Participate in tradeshows, trade groups, and client presentations.
- Help to implement Marketing program and become specialized in various programs.
- Support service area and geographic initiatives by working with the Marketing Team and other key team members (i.e., Sales Team, Technical personnel, etc.).
- Maintain consistent communication with those involved on various projects.
- Provide regular updates on projects/initiatives to Marketing/Sales/Technical teams.
- Establish internal teams of Technical and Sales staff to identify/implement next steps for client development.
- Collaborate with team members to develop customized solutions for clients.
- Become proficient in Customer Relationship Management (CRM) software system.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Ability to network and establish client relationships
- Effective and professional communications
- Effective and timely collaboration with team members
- Entry and upkeep of CRM data
- Skills in organization, scheduling, and time management
- Ability to prioritize tasks
80% client visits (may contain environmental job hazards/controlled environment); up to 20% office (controlled environment),
This classification requires travel to various client locations resulting in occasional longer workdays; and may include extended and/or further travel, resulting in multiple days and overnights. Long distance drives and occasional air travel may be required.