August Mack Environmental is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Responsible for all aspects of project management related to investigating the nature and extent of contamination and/or developing and implementing cleanup strategies to achieve client’s objective for the project. Projects would include sites in both state and federal regulatory programs, such as State Cleanup Program, state Brownfields and voluntary cleanup programs, RCRA, TSCA, and CERCLA.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Understand client’s business needs, project expectations and environmental risk tolerance and provide options to strategically address their environmental issue.
- Implement technical tasks, regulatory framework, and strategic activities necessary to complete a projects scope of work, ensure compliance, and guide projects to closure
- Communicate project needs and expectations including but not limited to goals, schedule, staffing (subcontractors), and cost/budgets
- Effectively work with company resources (and external resources/contractors) to make informed decisions while incorporating client’s business needs, project expectations, regulatory framework, and technical feasibility
- Lead and effectively delegate specific work activities to maintain project momentum
- Identify work opportunities with existing and potential clients to increase network
- Mentor personnel
- Support August Mack’s marketing efforts, including preparing project descriptions, assisting with presentations and bid opportunities, and updating August Mack resume
- Meet annual financial goal, complete projects under budget, and oversee and direct administration of the projects
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Understand and implement multimedia (soil, water, vapor, sediment, etc.) investigations and data assessment, remediation and mitigation evaluations and implementation, and regulatory framework and guidance documents
- Manage others and work closely in a team environment
- Maintain a working relationship with clients
Education: B.S. in geology, engineering, chemistry, environmental science, or related field
Experience: 2.5+ years of experience in environmental consulting
Skills: Strong verbal/written communication skills
Additional requirements: Valid driver’s license and acceptable driving record
*Other combinations of experience and education that meet the minimum requirements may be substituted.
75% office (controlled environment), 25% field/site visit travel (environmental job hazards)