August Mack Environmental is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Responsible for (1) payroll processing and (2) coordination, administration, and support of Human Resources recruiting and onboarding functions. Work is performed in cooperation with senior level management, under the general supervision of the Principal of Talent Management
This position has access to confidential salary and personal information. This information should not be shared or discussed outside of Human Resources and Accounting. Maintaining confidentiality is critical.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Train and be a resource for new hires and other employees as needed in company ERP and mobile application timesheet and expense reporting entry.
- Coordinate, review and manage the timesheet approval process.
- Review bi-weekly personnel information, changes and updates for accuracy.
- Process bi-weekly, multi-state payroll.
- Initiate filings for federal, state, and local tax withholdings.
- Process various types of compensation packages accurately, including hourly, salary and prevailing wage.
- Communicating with payroll software support for accurate processing of payroll.
- Upload data from time sheets into payroll processing software.
- Processing of unique payroll related transactions.
- Review and reconcile information prior to final processing.
- Compile employee information to maintain accurate payroll records.
- Responsible for the accuracy of employee information to ensure integrity of performance reporting.
- Prepare, distribute and process payroll related reporting.
- Maintaining organized electronic payroll files.
- Continue to develop processes to timely and accurate record employee information in the company and payroll processing software.
RECRUITING AND ADMINISTRATION (50%)
- Support Talent Management in identifying hiring needs.
- Coordinate internal and external job postings; work with Marketing on updating and improving recruitment areas of company websites.
- Support coordination of August Mack/EFS participation in geographic area job and career fairs.
- Review and evaluate resumes; prescreen and interview applicants to ensure they meet minimum qualifications.
- Support the interviewing process.
- Prepare interview questions, schedule, and materials for managers.
- Maintain a recruiter and candidate database.
- Support all sourcing strategies by utilizing internet job boards, advertising, social media, networking techniques, staffing agencies, employee referrals, college recruitment, and external technical recruiters.
- Support new hire process by processing background checks, conducting reference checks, producing offer letter, and follow-up with candidates as appropriate.
- Coordinate internally to prepare for new hires.
- Assist in internal employee communication.
- Assist in ensuring employee database accuracy and integrity for performance reporting.
- Provide general administrative assistance to Talent Management, Human Resources, and Health & Safety as needed.
- Support Talent Management Team in coordination of Employee Engagement Events.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Knowledge of recruiting strategies and procedures
- Knowledgeable in Excel
- Strong organizational skills
- Ability to provide excellent customer service
- Strong communication skills and response time
- Work cooperatively with internal and external customers
Education: Bachelor’s degree in Business, Human Resources, Communications, Psychology, or a related degree.
Recommended Experience: 0 – 2+ years experience in payroll and/or recruiting.
Skills: Strong computer and verbal/written communication skills are a must
90% or more office (controlled environment), up to 10% branch office travel (controlled environment)