Cleveland, OH / Conshohocken, PA
Entry-level (trainee) position to learn and perform business development and marketing processes. Perform various functions to identify prospects and develop customer and brand awareness. Develop qualified leads and opportunities within a specific geography and service area to secure new business. Primary focus on trade group networking (meeting leads in a social or seminar setting) and cold calling. This position reports to the Corporate Manager.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Understand and become proficient in presenting company capabilities within designated geography
- Learn and become competent in industry terminology and procedures
- Become competent in the Customer Service Process
- Perform various functions to identify prospects and develop customer and brand awareness
- Participate in tradeshows, trade groups, and client presentations
- Conduct initial and follow-up meetings of warm leads developed or provided
- Identify key decision makers in target pursuits
- Help to implement Marketing program and become specialized in various programs.
- Support service area and geographic initiatives by working with the Marketing Team and other key team members (i.e., Sales Team, Technical personnel, etc.)
- Maintain consistent communication with those involved on various projects
- Provide regular updates on projects/initiatives to Marketing/Sales/Technical teams
- Establish internal teams of Technical and Sales staff to identify/implement next steps for client development
- Collaborate with team members to develop customized solutions for clients
- Become proficient in Customer Relationship Management (CRM) software system
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Ability to network and establish client relationships
- Effective and professional communications
- Effective and timely collaboration with team members
- Entry and upkeep of CRM data
- Skills in organization, scheduling, and time management
- Ability to prioritize tasks
Education: Requires a bachelor’s degree. Environmental consulting, marketing or sales experience is a plus
Recommended Experience: Entry level – 2 years
Skills: Strong verbal and written communications are a must
Additional requirements: Must have a valid driver’s license, acceptable driving record, and physically capable of operating vehicles safely.
This classification requires travel to various client locations resulting in occasional longer workdays; and may include extended and/or further travel, resulting in multiple days and overnights. Long distance drives and occasional air travel may be required.
80% client visits (may contain environmental job hazards/controlled environment); up to 20% office (controlled environment)
August Mack Environmental is an Equal Opportunity Employer.