Geologist/Environmental Scientist III
Indianapolis, IN / Lewis Center, OH / Cleveland, OH / Lancaster, PA / Conshohocken, PA
Responsible for leadership in the writing and reviewing of environmental reports, QA/QC review of environmental field data, preparation and editing of figures, development of conceptual site models, and working with multiple stakeholders to assist them in meeting their reporting deadlines. This position may have limited direct-report management responsibilities. Geologists report to the Senior Manager.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Perform non-routine tasks with limited to no supervision
- Supervise the work of others
- May have direct staff supervision responsibilities of one or more Geologists
- Independently prepare written reports documenting field activities, data interpretations with lines of evidence, exposure pathways, and conclusions
- Prepare budgets and scopes of work for projects of moderate complexity
- Provide direct support to project teams
- Assist in the research for and preparation of expert witness reports
- Review and edit written reports
- Establish geologic conceptual site model approach and presentation
- Actively participate in at least one client management team
- Participate in leading the Field Training Program
- On-board and train all Geologist positions
- Provide internal training for geology-related tasks
- Develop a technical specialty and become an internal resource in that specialty
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Demonstrate basic competency with spreadsheet-based models such as Quick Domenico and Biochlor
- Ability to manage budgets and timelines of high complexity
- Competent in preparing Potentiometric Surface Maps, isoconcentration maps, and cross-sections
- Basic understanding of environmental regulatory guidance for key Federal programs
- Understand and apply the rules related to the generation and disposal of investigation-derived waste
Education: B.S. in geology or related field
Recommended Experience: 5 – 7 years of experience in environmental consulting
Skills: Strong verbal/written communication skills
Certification: Must be eligible to obtain a signatory credential recognized in the State of Indiana and/or other state in which August Mack has an office, such as LPG, CHMM, Soil Scientist, or PE.
Additional requirements: Must have a valid driver’s license, acceptable driving record, and physically capable of operating vehicles safely
This classification requires travel to various client locations. Travel typically involves day trips within the state or neighboring states, resulting in longer workdays; and may include extended and/or further travel, resulting in multiple days and overnights. Long distance drives and air travel may be required.
*Other combinations of experience and education that meet the minimum requirements may be substituted.
85 – 90% office (controlled environment), 10 – 15% field/site visit travel (environmental job hazards)
August Mack Environmental is an Equal Opportunity Employer.