Environmental Staff Consultant (Remediation)
August Mack Environmental is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Provides a pathway to become a Project Manager in Closure Consulting for people that have obtained practical field experience and technical skills. Responsible to work closely with Project Managers and learn the overall skills required to be a Project Manager. This includes developing costs and scopes for next steps, preparing Health and Safety Plans (HASPs) and field instructions, evaluating and contacting subcontractors, client support activities as needed by project team, working with and delegating work to internal and external resources, and training to understand AME services. Closure Consulting includes working in various State and federal cleanup programs: Indiana’s State Cleanup Program (SCP) and Voluntary Remediation Programs (VRP), similar programs in Illinois, Ohio, Michigan and other states, and Federal cleanup programs associated with RCRA, CERCLA, and TSCA.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Coordinate work with technical staff at request of Project Manager, Senior, or Principal
- Budget and scope proposals under direction of Project Manager, Senior, or Principal
- Assist and/or lead in project kick-off meetings and developing field instructions
- Communicate with clients as requested by Project Manager, Senior, or Principal
- Perform project support tasks such as scheduling contractors, identifying subcontractors, etc.
- Prepare Health and Safety Plans (HASPs)
- Perform regulatory and technical research on projects
- Conduct research associated with project submittals
- Assist with project descriptions and updating resumes
- Review company webinars to understand the breadth of the work performed in the various business units at August Mack/EFS
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Basic knowledge and performance of environmental field work
- Perform technical research on projects
- Understand safety of project tasks
- Utilize administrative staff effectively
- Document and organize while working on multiple projects
Education: B.S. or B.A. in environmental science, geology, chemistry, engineering, or related field
Experience: 1 – 2 years of experience in environmental consulting
Certifications: OSHA Hazwoper 40 Hour Certification is a plus
Skills: Strong verbal/written communication
Additional requirements: Valid driver’s license, acceptable driving record, and capable of operating the vehicles safely
This classification requires travel to various client locations. Travel typically involves day trips within the state or neighboring states, resulting in longer workdays; and may include extended and/or further travel, resulting in multiple days and overnights. Long distance drives and air travel may be required.
*Other combinations of experience and education that meet the minimum requirements may be substituted.
75% office (controlled environment), 25% field/site visit travel (environmental job hazards)