August Mack Environmental is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Required Experience: 5 years
The Environmental Scientist III position is a position within the Geology Group of Technical services. This position requires a bachelor’s degree in Environmental Science or an allied discipline along with five years of relevant experience. The focus of the Geology Group is the interpretation and documentation of geologic and hydrogeologic data as well as the writing of environmental reports. This position will have a strong emphasis on research and reporting with limited geologic data interpretation.
This position requires a strong attention to detail, the ability to learn new concepts quickly, and well-developed written communication skills. An Environmental Scientist III must be eligible to obtain a signatory credential recognized in the State of Indiana and/or other state in which August Mack has an office, such as LPG, CHMM, Soil Scientist, or PE. This position may have limited direct-report management responsibilities. Duties for this position will include taking a leadership role in the writing and reviewing of environmental reports, QA/QC review of environmental field data, the preparation and editing of figures, development of conceptual site models, and working with multiple stakeholders to assist them in meeting their reporting deadlines.
The successful candidate for this position will have most or all of the following skills
- Competently review field documentation for accuracy and completeness
- Prepare moderate-complexity reports with minimal revisions
- Competent in preparing Potentiometric Surface Maps, isoconcentration maps, and cross-sections
- Supervise and oversee field projects
- Assists with research for litigation support cases
- Basic understanding of environmental regulatory guidance for key Federal programs
- Able to manage budgets and timelines of low complexity tasks/projects
- Understand and apply the rules related to the generation and disposal of investigation-derived waste
- Prepare a conceptual site model with oversight and support
- Able to independently prepare “contained-in” requests and other documents related to disposal of site waste.
- Be a technical resource for the evaluation of investigation data (soil, water, and vapor)
- Ability to manage multiple concurrent tasks for multiple task owners.
- Provide quality control review of geology related items (e.g. geologic interpretations, cross sections, conceptual site models, soil classification, boring logs, etc.)