Indianapolis, IN/Cleveland, OH
The Environmental Intern is expected to develop expertise, and experience various aspects of the environmental consulting industry. Work is performed with direction from all levels of technical staff; under the general supervision of the Office Leader.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Shadow various client site inspections, activities, and investigations
- Conduct historical research, data collection reports, and enter field notes from site reconnaissance and label photographs
- Provide production support: issue final reports, proposals, and other reports
- Assist writing reports related to various regulations and environmental site assessments
- Assist with completing air emissions calculations, interpreting lab results, and others
- Assist with soil boring, monitoring well, and soil-gas vapor point installation
- Assist with sampling of various substances/materials such as stormwater, groundwater, wastewater, soil, soil-gas and indoor air
- Provide assistance on special projects, including data entry, research, spreadsheets, charts, tables, and marketing materials
- Understand a billable goal
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Ability to learn in an on-the-job training setting (verbal instruction and observation)
- Knowledge of the basic scientific process
- Understand office practices, procedures, and equipment operations
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications (word, excel, etc.)
- Learn customized computer programs and vendor/client websites
Education: Pursuing an A.S. or B.S. in geology, engineering, chemistry, environmental science, or a related field.
Skills: Strong verbal and written communication is a must.
Certifications: Opportunity to obtain 40-hour HAZWOPER prior to start of internship.
Additional requirements: Valid driver’s license and acceptable driving record.
This classification may require travel to various client locations.
75% office (controlled environment), up to 25% field/site visit travel (environmental job hazards)
August Mack Environmental is an Equal Opportunity Employer