August Mack Environmental is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Are you ready to dive into an exhilarating journey in the environmental consulting industry? We are looking for someone who is eager to learn, grow, and make a real impact. As part of our team, you will not only gain hands-on experience but also contribute to finding permanent solutions and develop innovative strategies to achieve business-friendly and sustainable solutions for environmental challenges. Join us on this exciting adventure where every day brings new challenges and opportunities!
A DAY IN THE LIFE
Picture a day where your passion for the environment transforms into hands-on action and impactful learning. As an Environmental Intern with us, your daily adventure unfolds with a blend of field exploration and office collaboration, offering a unique glimpse into the dynamic world of environmental consulting.
- Compliance Intern – 75% office; 25% field
- Work with industrial clients on regulatory, environmental, and health & safety compliance; gather data, perform regulatory research, prepare reports and permits
WHO WILL EXCEL IN THIS ROLE
This role will suit someone who:
- Is eager to absorb new knowledge and skills on the job
- Has a strong work ethic and a drive for excellence
- Has a genuine passion for environmental challenges and a commitment to making a positive impact
- Can adapt in various work settings, whether in the office or the field
- Takes initiative, proactively seeking ways to improve processes and contribute to project success
- Has strong levels of responsibility and is highly coachable and trainable
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS (may vary depending on position and location)
- Shadow various client site inspections, activities, and investigations
- Conduct historical research, data collection reports, and enter field notes from site reconnaissance and label photographs
- Provide production support: issue final reports, proposals, and other reports
- Assist writing reports related to various regulations and environmental site assessments
- Assist with completing air emissions calculations, interpreting lab results, and others
- Assist with soil boring, monitoring well, and soil-gas vapor point installation
- Assist with sampling of various substances/materials such as stormwater, groundwater, wastewater, soil, soil-gas, and indoor air
- Provide assistance on special projects, including data entry, research, spreadsheets, charts, tables, and marketing materials
- Understand a billable goal
Every day as an Environmental Intern is a step toward a sustainable future. Join us on this exhilarating journey where your passion meets purpose, and each day brings a new opportunity to make a difference. Apply now and be part of a team dedicated to creating positive environmental impact!