Indianapolis, IN / Lancaster, PA
Responsible for all aspects of project management and developing assigned clients related to regulatory, environmental, and health & safety compliance. Projects would include project momentum, quality of the work product, client relationships, and budget. The Compliance Consultant will report to a Senior Compliance Consultant with support from the Managing Principal, as requested.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Lead and delegate project site visits, reporting, and data analysis efforts
- Establish and maintain the Project Team to oversee and assign projects to professional-level technical and administrative support staff
- Prepare proposals, budgets, and scopes of work for projects
- Manage all aspects of project invoicing: set-up, review, and communications
- Provide initial review on all assigned project submittals
- Act as a liaison between the client and federal, state, and local regulatory agencies
- Communicate with Senior Compliance Consultant on project status, personnel/expertise needs, project opportunities, and regulatory issues
- Turn proposals into projects with the support of Senior Consultants, Managing Principal and Program/Business Development
- Interpret existing regulations and develop strategies to ensure client compliance and retention
- Serve as client manager for one (CC I) or two (CC II) multi-facility clients
- Communicate with client as required to accomplish the project
- Assist in retaining clients
- Manage a portfolio of clients and maintain ongoing relationships
- Maintain project momentum and project budgets
- Secure work necessary to achieve an annual net invoice goal
- Assist in obtaining additional sales annually
- Conduct at least two webinars or other presentation each year
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Sufficient technical and regulatory knowledge to support client strategies, negotiations with regulatory agencies, and develop creative solutions
- Proficiency in preparing Tier II and Form R reports, various regulatory applications, and conducting environmental and/or safety audits
- Knowledge of storm water and oil spill regulations
- Perform technical research on projects
- Ability to coach and mentor technical staff in technical, administrative, and client relations activities
Education: B.S. in environmental science or related field
Experience: 6 – 8 + years of experience in environmental consulting
Skills: Strong verbal/written communication, especially with client relations
Additional requirements: Valid driver’s license, acceptable driving record, and physically capable of operating the vehicles safely.
This classification requires travel to various client locations. Travel typically involves day trips within the state or neighboring states, resulting in longer workdays; and may include extended and/or further travel, resulting in multiple days and overnights. Long-distance drives and air travel may be required.
*Other combinations of experience and education that meet the minimum requirements may be substituted.
75% office (controlled environment), 25% field/site visit travel (environmental job hazards)
August Mack Environmental is an Equal Opportunity Employer.