The Senior Analyst is responsible for leadership of the Data Group within Corporate Technical Services and for final review and approval of Data Group output. The Data Group primarily focuses on the assessment and presentation of environmental analytical data, but also consults other departments regarding information science and data analysis. The Senior Analyst works in collaboration with other departmental managers and reports to the Principal of Technical Services.
- Administer Data Group projects including financial performance, budgeting, change orders, project staffing, the issuance of purchase orders, and approval of subcontractor invoices, and maintaining project files and closing projects.
- Using effective written communication, provide final review of Data Group and other Technical Services project submittals, reports or report sections, and correspondence.
- Evaluate Data Group project needs, effectively delegate various tasks and responsibilities, and supervise the staff performing those tasks.
- Coach and mentor Data Group and other Technical Services team members in the technical activities required to achieve objectives and deadlines and guide their development through feedback.
- Understand and direct tasks necessary to complete a project’s scope of work. Activities include, but are not limited to, information management planning, data interpretation, analytical data validation and verification, preparation and review of QAPPs, supervision of the DQO process, and statistical analysis of data.
- Consult on the information systems necessary for specific needs, including creation, design, and improvement of existing systems.
- Maintain client contact throughout the project to keep the client informed of key project milestones, progress, and budget.
- Develop and maintain standard operating procedures for the analysis, processing, and interpretation of data.
- Develop and provide internal training for field staff and other personnel on matters related to data collection, processing, and reporting.
- Provide litigation support for data-related matters for outside clients and other August Mack groups.
- Identify and develop new markets for Data Group services.
- Work cooperatively with other Technical Services groups to accomplish tasks.
- Support marketing efforts by writing newsletter articles, conducting webinars, preparing job descriptions and maintaining their internal August Mack resume.
ACCEPTABLE EXPERIENCE AND TRAINING:
Requires seven years of professional experience, preferably in environmental consulting or a closely related field, and a bachelor’s and/or master’s degree in a relevant discipline. Must have or be eligible to obtain professional certification (CHMM or similar). Other combinations of education and experience that meet the minimum requirements may be substituted.
This classification requires the use of a personal or company vehicle on company business. Individuals must be physically capable of operating the vehicles safely, possess a valid driver’s license, and have an acceptable driving record.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- State and Federal allowable limits of contaminants in soil and groundwater
- State and Federal human health and ecological risk assessment protocols
- Environmental laboratory QA/QC protocols and sampling handling processes
- DQO process and QAPP creation
- Basic inorganic and organic chemistry as it relates to fate and transport of environmental contaminants
- Basic logical processes and programming concepts
- Statistical analysis and hypothesis testing of data sets
- Assessing the structure and limitations of data
- Understanding and interacting with large data sets in Excel and other programs
- Understanding and applying guidance documents
- Performing mathematical calculations
- Understanding and applying guidance documents.
- Working cooperatively with others and problem solving
- Organizing and administering multiple projects
- Creatively scoping and bidding projects
- Budget and resource management
- Work safely
- Supervise other analysts
- Understand complex technical environmental data and regulatory requirements related to data projects