The Program Development Manager is responsible for developing new and expanding existing business in support of the Company to grow existing offices, improve efficiency of existing work, and develop new service areas. This position reports to the Corporate Manager.
- Develop and meet sales/business plan goals:
- Develop, monitor, and track sales plan to ensure sales goals are met.
- Make sales to new clients and existing clients. Provide quarterly updates of sales secured to manager.
- Schedule and conduct monthly client sales meetings. Provide monthly tracking of sales meetings to manager.
- Prospect and develop new business opportunities.
- Prospect additional sources of sales leads through referrals, web seminars, attending conferences/trade shows, association meetings, etc. Develop tangible prospects from participation in these events and groups.
- Build relationships with key decision-makers in target markets.
- Support marketing efforts through presenting web seminars and writing articles for the newsletters; participate in the follow-up for the marketing campaigns and fulfill the assigned calls required.
- Respond to clients; and act as a liaison between the client and AME technical staff.
- Continue to develop and improve Company service areas.
- Interpret existing regulations and guidance and coordinate with other staff in developing strategies to create AME sales opportunities.
SENIOR MANAGEMENT (on an as-needed basis, in place of our existing senior management personnel)
- Manage and coordinate all multi-state projects, projects outside of an office’s state territory, and additional work provided to branch offices.
- Work in collaboration with Principals in utilizing staffing resources to expand, share, and grow companywide business.
- Provide senior-level management and final (QA/QC) review on projects/proposals.
- Oversee professional-level technical and administrative support staff to achieve established objectives and deadlines.
- Responsible for project administration including project financial performance, budgeting, recognizing the need for change orders on a project and directing appropriate staff, selecting subcontractors and directing the issuance of purchase orders, approval of subcontractor invoices, directing the preparation of and approving project invoices, maintaining project files, closing the job, preparing project descriptions, and conducting project performance reviews.
- Manage project portfolio and provide final review of all project submittals and correspondence.
- Evaluate the needs of a project and effectively delegate various tasks and responsibilities.
- Coach and mentor project team members in the technical and administrative activities required to successfully complete projects.
- Maintain client contact throughout the project to keep the client informed of key project milestones and budget issues.
- Respond to client and prospective client requests.
- Always be looking ahead on new and changing regulations/opportunities to keep our clients informed and secure potential business opportunities.
- Work in concert with Business Development and Technical Staff in educating prospective clients on AME services, gaining strong rapport and trust with prospects, and closing sales opportunities.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
The principals, practices, & techniques of transaction, remediation, compliance, sustainability, and all other service areas of August Mack.
- Business to business sales and marketing.
- Maintain professional relationship with current and potential clients and communicate effectively (written and verbally).
- Understanding and applying environmental regulations and guidance.
- Recognizing potential project opportunities on sales calls and prospect meetings.
- Excellent PC, problem-solving capability, and organization.
- Maintain strong working relationship with clients.
- Close sales opportunities.
- Understand technical environmental data and regulatory requirements.
- Analyze the impact that regulatory requirements may indicate or have on the public health, the environment, environmental facility design and operations, and regulatory compliance.
- Be a self-starter with a good work ethic, self-discipline, and persistence, the ability to work independently or as a team, and good time-management skills.
- Conduct presentations in a professional manner.
- Communicate with impact, demonstrate integrity and courage, focus on customers, gain commitment, initiate action, manage work/time, produce results, set high work standards, use ethical business practices.
This classification requires 40 –75% travel, up to a week’s duration at a time.
This classification requires the use of a personal or company vehicle on company business. Individuals must be physically capable of operating the vehicles safely, possess a valid driver’s license, and have an acceptable driving record.
ACCEPTABLE EXPERIENCE AND TRAINING
Requires seven years of professional experience in the environmental consulting industry or a related field with a minimum of two years sales experience including direct business-to-business sales, business-to-business cold calling, and phone-based business-to-business prospecting resulting in successfully meeting appointment and sales’ goals; and a bachelor’s degree in environmental science, environmental engineering, or a related field. Sales experience in manufacturing/industrial markets is a plus. Other combinations of experience and education that meet the minimum requirements may be substituted.