The Marketing Intern is responsible for providing support to marketing staff, technical staff, and August Mack offices. The primary responsibility is to complete projects related to the company’s overall marketing strategies and plan. Work is performed under the supervision of the Marketing Coordinators.
This is a temporary position for the months of May through August.
- Provide administrative support in tracking, gathering, and managing business development leads.
- Qualifications Support – provide accurate and timely support to technical, sales, and management personnel in all areas of qualification submittals including section development, submittal coordination, project description development, and editing.
- Provide assistance on special projects, including company meetings, research, and events.
- Provide regular updates associated with marketing activities to the Marketing Coordinators.
- Other tasks as may be assigned related to the business of August Mack Environmental, Inc.
ACCEPTABLE EXPERIENCE AND TRAINING:
Requires course work geared toward a bachelor’s degree in Marketing, English, Journalism, Public Relations, or a related field. Marketing internship or experience in a professional service industry is a plus. Strong computer and verbal/written communication skills are a must. Other combinations of experience and education that meet the minimum requirements may be substituted.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Proper business English, spelling, and grammar.
- Office practices, procedures, and equipment operations.
- Microsoft Office applications.
- Adobe Creative Suite applications (Photoshop, Illustrator, and InDesign).
- WordPress and Canva software.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong editing skills (AP Style).
- Strong multi-tasking skills.
- Work in a fast-paced environment.
- Provide superior customer service to both internal and external customers.
- Learn job-related material primarily through verbal instruction and observation. This learning takes place mainly in an on-the-job training setting.
- Remain in a sitting position for extended periods of time.
- Move light objects weighing less than 20 pounds, such as supplies and files short distances.
- Work safely without presenting a direct threat to self or others.