An eCAP® Account Manager is responsible for all aspects of project management related to servicing accounts to ensure an economical, timely, and technically sound product; this includes managing project team member resources and subcontractors in the context of servicing accounts. Account Managers are expected to maintain a personal client base with assistance from senior personnel. Work is performed with direction from senior-level personnel; under the general supervision of the Office Manager or Principal.
eCAP® is August Mack’s Compliance Assurance Program. We provide our clients a team of experts in all areas of regulatory compliance to review, implement, and maintain an EH&S management system that ensures compliance with current and future regulations.
The technical service areas for each eCAP® account are based on the clients’ specific regulatory compliance needs and may include: compliance audits at industrial & commercial facilities; Tier II and Form R reports; Spill Prevention Control & Countermeasure (SPCC) plans, storm water plans, and pollution prevention contingency (PPC) plans; air permit applications, wastewater discharge permits, hazardous waste reports, health and safety programs, and risk management plans; stack testing, IH sampling, and noise monitoring; and various environmental systems (e.g., ventilation, storm water, industrial wastewater).
- Understand, participate and be fully engaged in August Mack’s safety program, training, and policies.
- Conduct compliance inspections for assigned accounts: meet with the client contact to review the findings of the inspection, review web page postings, and discuss upcoming compliance reporting and projects/opportunities outside the scope of the account.
- Participate in compliance audits as an audit team member.
- Manage all aspects of account base modules including budgets, estimating, scheduling, field activities, data acquisition (for compliance modules as well) and interpretation, client interaction, and delivery and quality of work product (i.e., final QA review of reports delivered).
- Complete base module work under budget and ensure the entire project is appropriately invoiced.
- Identify changes to the scope of work, discuss with principals or senior manager and client, and execute change orders (if necessary).
- Coordinate with the compliance manager on tracking deadlines for all deliverables taking appropriate action to ensure that all internal and external deliverable deadlines are met.
- Prepare the compliance inspection report including relevant environmental and health & safety observations and conclusions/recommendations; send to principal for review; and ensure transmittal to the client and timely posting to the web page.
- Coach and mentor project team members in the technical and administrative activities required to successfully complete projects including: audits; identify EHS concerns; formulate recommendations for compliance; remediate deficiencies; file review and record searches; implement EHS recordkeeping and reporting requirements; regular onsite inspections; and documentation.
- Provide materials to administrative staff to be placed on web pages; review on a monthly basis to ensure quality, accuracy, and timeliness of postings.
- Act as a liaison between the client and federal, state, and local regulatory agencies to clarify relevant standards and policies and communicate how they impact the client and/or project.
- Interpret existing regulations and guidance and coordinate with other staff in developing strategies to ensure compliance.
- Provide on-call technical support (as needed) to respond to specific compliance needs including agency inspections and spill response coordination for clients.
- Maintain current accounts and be responsible for insuring a continuing working relationship with personnel at all levels of the company structure for that client.
- Prepare proposal and scopes of work for projects: prepare budgets for base module, obtain budget for compliance modules from the compliance manager, and provide for senior-level review.
- Identify work opportunities with existing clients and provide information on the work opportunities to principals, seniors, and program/business development. Effort to secure the work through networking and the referral process is encouraged.
- Participate in sales calls, trade associations, and other networking events in order to establish and expand client relationships.
- Initiate and/or participate in client entertainment events for each account at least annually.
- Provide technical assistance to marketing to increase August Mack’s client base including gathering client intelligence data and entering the information into our database.
- Prepare project descriptions of successfully completed projects for marketing purposes.
- Update August Mack resume twice a year for marketing purposes.
- Participate in technical presentations and publishable opportunities.
- Participate in scheduled meetings and required technical training.
ACCEPTABLE EXPERIENCE AND TRAINING:
Entry Level – Requires a bachelor’s degree in environmental science or a related science field. Strong computer and verbal/written communication skills are a must.
Experienced – Requires 2+ years of experience in environmental health and safety consulting or industry and a bachelor’s degree in environmental science or a related science field. Knowledge of environmental permit regulations and strong computer and verbal/written communication skills are a must. Business development experience, Health & Safety experience, and knowledge of state regulations are a plus. Other combinations of experience and education that meet the minimum requirements may be substituted.
This classification requires the use of a personal or company vehicle on company business. Individuals must be physically capable of operating the vehicles safely, possess a valid driver’s license, have an acceptable driving record, and receive a medical clearance from a baseline physical.
This classification requires travel to various client locations. Travel typically involves day trips within the state or neighboring states, resulting in longer workdays; and may include extended and/or further travel, resulting in multiple days and overnights. Long-distance drives and air travel may be required.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Compliance audits.
- Storm water, wastewater, and air permitting regulations.
- SPCC regulations.
- Waste regulations.
- Understanding of OSHA regulations.
- Hazards inherent to the environmental work and related safety measures.
- Regulatory knowledge
- Conducting compliance audits.
- Client development.
- Prioritize workload and multitask.
- Document and organize while working on multiple projects.
- Work safely without presenting a direct threat to self or others.
- Work closely and manage others in a team environment.