Looking for an entry-level or experienced business-to-business sales professional to develop new business in a branch, environmental consulting office.
Work with industrial clients to sell consulting services related to environmental and health & safety solutions.
- Make sales to new clients and existing clients.
- Develop, monitor, and track sales plan to ensure sales goals are met.
- Prospect and develop new business opportunities from existing clients, warm leads, and targeted prospect lists/cold calling.
- Schedule and conduct client sales meetings (goal of 32 per month).
- Prepare organized meeting reports and follow-up plans.
- Work in concert with technical teams and sales in educating prospective clients on AME services, gaining strong rapport and trust with prospects, and closing sales opportunities.
- Develop and maintain relationships with clients and prospects
- Identify key decision makers in target markets.
- Provide proposal and qualifications support.
- Follow-up on proposal opportunities submitted to clients.
- Provide follow-up on internal/external leads.
- Identify, attend, and actively participate in networking functions & trade shows.
- Identify and pursue marketing and/or presentation opportunities for technical staff.
- Contribute technical articles to blogs, webinars, and newsletter programs.
- Conduct and attend regular meetings with department members.
- Participate in marketing campaigns as assigned.
- Attend networking events.
- Attend after hour’s meetings (infrequent).
- Follow up with assigned customers after project completion.
ACCEPTABLE EXPERIENCE AND TRAINING
Entry-level – Requires a business, marketing, or technically-related bachelor’s degree. Compliance consulting, marketing or sales experience is a plus. Other combinations of experience and education that meet the minimum requirements may be substituted.
Experienced – Requires two years’ experience in sales of professional services including direct business-to-business sales, business-to-business cold calling, and phone based business-to-business prospecting resulting in successfully meeting appointments and sales goals; and a business or technically-related bachelor’s degree. Sales experience in environmental consulting is a plus. Other combinations of experience and education that meet the minimum requirements may be substituted.
This classification requires 70 – 80% travel, locally and throughout the state with occasional overnights.
This classification provides a car allowance for use of a personal vehicle on company business. Individuals must be physically capable of operating the vehicles safely, possess a valid driver’s license, and have an acceptable driving record.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Sales and Marketing Strategies for Service Industry Companies
- Proper business English, spelling, and grammar.
- Business to business sales and marketing.
- CRM database software.
- Superior organization skills
- Be a self-starter with a good work ethic, self-discipline, and persistence, the ability to work independently or as a team, and good time-management skills.
- Conduct presentations in a professional manner.
- Communicate with impact, demonstrate integrity and courage, focus on clients, gain commitment, initiate action, manage work/time, produce results, set high work standards, and use ethical business practices.