The Administrative Coordinator is responsible for project coordination of assigned service area(s); providing production support to technical staff; and general administrative assistance. Work is performed with direction from all levels of technical staff; under the general supervision of an Administrative Supervisor, Principal, or Office Manager.
- Project Coordination – coordinate and administer projects including prepare and issue proposals; setup proposals and RFPs, jobs, and budgets in Vision; provide production support; issue final reports; provide invoice support including change orders; and track client specific invoicing requirements and final report submittals.
- Call in public utility locates and coordinate private utility locating services, as needed.
- Production Support – provide accurate and timely support to technical, marketing, sales, and management personnel in all areas of production including word processing, formatting, proofreading, data entry, editing, copying, and binding company reports, proposals, correspondence, and other technical documents according to company’s styles and standards.
- Coordinate with project vendors.
- Prepare subcontractor work orders and purchase orders.
- Ensure all final documents are saved in the network drive.
- Expense Reports – review and approve expense reports for manager approval.
- Provide assistance on special projects, including data entry, research, spreadsheets, charts, tables, and marketing materials.
- Maintain administrative files including but not limited to Professional Services Agreements, billing files, closed job files, vendor files, potential vendor files, etc.
- Make travel arrangements for company staff.
- Provide backup support to other offices as necessary.
- Miscellaneous administrative support activities including but not limited to backup phone support to the receptionist, run general errands, deliver reports, etc.
- Other tasks as may be assigned related to the business of August Mack Environmental, Inc.
- Communicate internally to secure work necessary to maintain a billable goal.
ACCEPTABLE EXPERIENCE AND TRAINING:
Requires 2+ years of administrative experience and an associate’s degree in business administration or a similar field. Requires strong computer skills in Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel) and Adobe Professional/Writer. Experience with project coordination (proposals) is a plus. The ideal candidate should be well organized and detail-oriented, possess strong proofreading skills, and exhibit strong leadership and time management skills. Other combinations of experience and education that meet the minimum requirements may be substituted.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Adobe Professional/Writer.
- Basic accounting principles.
- Proper business English, spelling, and grammar.
- Office practices, procedures, and equipment operations.
- Microsoft Office applications.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong multi-tasking skills.
- Operate a personal computer.
- Operate a multi-line phone system.
- Learn customized computer programs and vendor/client websites.
- Work cooperatively with internal and external customers.
- Work as a team and backup other department coordinators.
- Learn job-related material primarily through verbal instruction and observation. This learning takes place mainly in an on-the-job training setting.
- Remain in a sitting position for extended periods of time.
- Move light objects weighing less than 20 pounds, such as supplies and files short distances.
- Work safely without presenting a direct threat to self or others.