Properly maintaining environmental, health and safety (EH&S) records is critical to demonstrating compliance. The challenges to maintaining these records is complicated enough due to the number of different regulations that require some form of documentation without the issues related to changes at the corporate, facility and personnel levels. Since 1998, August Mack has been assisting clients with maintaining EH&S records as part of our award-winning Compliance Assurance Program, eCAP®. Our EH&S Data Management System (the eCAP® Portal) can be used as a standalone tool or in conjunction with eCAP® to keep all of your records organized and accessible.
Some companies have unfortunately found out the hard way what happens when records are not maintained in an organized manner and ready for a regulatory agency inspection. These inspections are often conducted by multiple inspectors and multiple regulatory agencies with no advance notice. A few examples of the outcome of a regulatory agency inspection that has identified compliance deficiencies related to EH&S recordkeeping include: $1,000 per week for every week of missing hazardous waste storge area inspections and $29,000 for missing/incomplete hazardous waste training records.
Through the eCAP® Portal, August Mack’s technical staff can organize all of your EPA, OSHA, DOT and other regulatory documentation. Ensuring that this information is properly maintained and organized is crucial as it is relied on to demonstrate compliance as well as to make informed decision every day. Features of the eCAP® Portal include:
- Workflow Management
- Assign, track and review customized tasks
- Personalized compliance calendar displaying task and regulatory deadlines
- Track task and regulatory deadlines with email notifications
- Document Management
- Upload and view documents organized by regulatory program (module) and report group
- Global search function to find documents easily with a few clicks of the mouse
- Documents reviewed by a professional after upload
- Centralized Storage
- Secure cloud-based storge accessible from anywhere
- Easily manage and retrieve data
- Standardized organization and file management supports third-party review.
The eCAP® Portal is a cost-effective solution to manage your EH&S data. The benefits of data management include reduced risks associated with non-compliance as well as less time spent by employees filing, organizing, and locating information on a day-to-day basis and always being prepared for that surprise regulatory agency inspection.
To learn more about the abilities of eCAP®, join us for our webinar Overwhelmed by EH&S Data? August Mack Can Help on May 12, 2021.