For the past 32 years, August Mack has strived to live up to our Corporate Mission of superior service to our customers and a strong commitment to our employees. The events of recent days have caused us to reassess our operating procedures to ensure that we are doing all we can to maintain this mission.
August Mack prioritizes the health and safety of our employees, clients, and guests. Considering the news about the coronavirus (COVID-19), we want you to know that we are taking proactive steps to ensure the health of our employees, clients, and visitors as recommended by Public Health officials to prevent the Coronavirus from spreading. Our eight locations are open for business and committed to delivering on our mission. We have canceled or postponed several client education and customer outreach events for the time being and are evaluating the safety and necessity of future events in the near term.
Effective this week, we have initiated the following policies to all of our employees:
- If employees believe they have been exposed or are not feeling well and/or are showing symptoms of a cough, fever, or have shortness of breath, they have been instructed not to come to work, consult their doctor and contact their Manager.
- If coronavirus is spreading in your community, distance yourself from others and consider self-quarantine.
- Wash hands often, in accordance with CDC procedures, and before and after meeting with clients and colleagues.
- Avoid touching eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands.
- We have increased cleaning frequencies within our offices and all common areas and touchpoints.
- Consider voice/web conferences or emails in lieu of face to face meetings.
- Do not travel to areas that are at high-risk
- All travel outside of local markets is to be reviewed and cleared with our Corporate Health & Safety Officer
- When outside travel is approved, consider driving instead of flying
- Practice social distancing at all meetings and gatherings and avoid handshaking.
- Recognize and implement all customer precautions for gatherings and face-to-face contact.
We recognize that additional precautions may be necessary as new information becomes available and we will be prepared to communicate and implement these changes as needed. Importantly, we want to ensure you that in our efforts to serve you we will remain respectful of all your policies and procedures put in place to protect your colleagues and families. We ask that you please keep us informed so that we can communicate these requirements internally while continuing to serve you safely and efficiently. As we work through these changes together, we are confident that this collaborative effort will allow us to maintain the service and responsiveness that you have come to expect from August Mack.
We send our best wishes for the health and safety of you and your organizations. Thank you for your continued support.